Vallorcine is a small authentic mountain village just outside of Mont Blanc just steps from Switzerland. Composed of hamlets scattered on the slopes of mountains, this village has retained its natural setting and its traditions giving it a certain charm. Its privileged location, ideal climate , the quality of its website will Vallorcine the ideal resort for "sport - relaxing " holiday close to nature.
The doors of the nature reserves of the Aiguilles rouges and Berard valley surrounded by countless forests , the resort offers a variety of excursions, hikes and walks in the mountains. A walking, biking and even paragliding lovers of the great outdoors and avid beauty can discover the riches of a great site . In winter , access to the Balme area with the new gondola will be able to satisfy both beginners and advanced skiers as well stage snow Poya , and trails for walking and cross-country skiers .
Village with an important natural and cultural heritage, Vallorcine will also be able to meet the expectations of those who remain attached to the story.
Indeed , this little corner of the Alps, between Chamonix and Valais , offers curious visitors , its history and heritage. While walking through the hamlets , Vallorcine is alternately seductive or dark depending on whether it runs between the typical " barns " or is discovered , isolated , protected by his " Tourne " church. One can only imagine the long winters when the dangers of avalanches and isolation were common.
With 180 miles of trails , Saint- Gervais Mont -Blanc offers walkers and hikers a dive in the countryside, to the discovery of an exceptionally rich local heritage.
A few essentials:
Le chemin des diligences : Easy route in the valley to cross the main hamlets of campsites. This path takes the old coach road , track linking Chamonix to Martigny . Since Buet Barberine up , this trail charming guide the visitor to meet the peculiarities of this village - 2h30 to 3h to / - Ability to return by train from the Chatelard (Switzerland)
The path of the Berard waterfall and Farinet cave : From the hamlet of Buet , take the path to the left of the Hotel du Buet . Follow signs cascade Berard Berard refuge . According to legend, in 1873, a counterfeiter named Farinet kind local Robin Hood , would have hidden in the cave behind the waterfall to escape the gendarmes - 1:00 to /
All topos and info will find the Tourist Office Vallorcine www.vallo.blogsausage.com/
As well as the document published by the Office of Tourism : list of hikes Vallorcine
Between France and Switzerland, we are invited to discover this area in an alpine atmosphere for families and skiers of all levels. Its evolving field can learn on gentle slopes for fun and also offers exceptional skiing off-piste in the forest.
Also see: 1000 m vertical drop of non-stop rallying the summit of the Tête de Balme at Vallorcine by a wild journey through meadows, forests and trails.
Stations connected: Vallorcine - The Tour
Alpine skiing: 9 red, 11 blue and black.
Domain: The Poya - 2 lifts for families
Alpine skiing: 1 blue, 1 red, 1 green
Cross-country skiing: 10 km of cross-country trails at the start of the home-country skiing or Buet. Course in a picturesque and authentic, in a hilly area, woodland, along the Black Water River. For beginner and intermediate skiers.
Other snow activities: Snowshoeing, Skiing Joering, Huskies
The ski area and ski lifts : www.compagniedumontblanc.com/ ( online booking of your ski passes, ski map , webcams, openings of slopes and lifts , weather, ...)
The stadium snow Poya : http://la.poya.free.fr/
House guides www.lamaisondelamontagne-vallorcine.fr/
French Ski School : www.ecole-ski-vallorcine.com/
Rink at the residence Mont Blanc : www.residence-vallorcine-mont-blanc.com
Huskies : www.evasion-nordique.com/
Skijoring : Pascal Berguerand , 04 50 54 63 45 or 06 15 17 30 23
- the nature trail and discovery cottage Nature Reserve Red Needles,
- Col des Montets
- waterfall Berard
- the Emosson dam ( 1790 meters) whose interior visit www.chatelard.net/
- traces of old dinosaurs 260 million years to 5/ 6 hours walking to / from Emosson dam
- vallorcine Museum , home of Barberine http://maisonbarberine.over-blog.com/- the Giannadda Foundation in Martigny, www.gianadda.ch
- nature reserve valley Berard : located on the village of Vallorcine , the natural reserve of Vallon de Bérard complete the Aiguilles Rouges . All plant and animal formations of montane , subalpine , alpine and nival are represented. The alpine zone is the area of snow patches and small hanging glaciers , relics of the Ice Age. Vallon de Berard hosts a characteristic fauna ( ibex, chamois, ptarmigan ... ) but it is also an important migration corridor where birds and insects connect Valais Switzerland the Rhone Valley .
- Nature Reserve Red Needles : reliefs and spectacular accented staging flora characterize the Aiguilles Rouges Nature Reserve . Moraines of the glacier , a multitude of plants have adapted to the extreme conditions of life. This austere world is " softened " by the lakes, contemplated by thousands of hikers ...
Nature reserves are valuable to protect places . Here are some rules:
. do not pick the flowers so that those who come after you can contemplate .
. even dogs on leash are allowed in order to ensure the tranquility of wildlife.
. Stay on the trails , the territory of the man in the middle of the animals.
More information about www.asters.asso.fr/
|Le Crot||Le Siserey|
|La Villaz||Plan Envers|
|Le Plan droit||Le Morzay|
|Le Couteray||Les Biolles|
Entete du site